Have you ever wished that you could just remotely take photos and videos of your kids or partner through their cell phone and can catch your spouse lying to you?
I have been there too. In fact, I have been there so many times that I decided to explore if anyone can actually do it. And turns out that yes we can do it, but the main question is how to do it? How to spy on someone through their cell phone’s camera?
So I explored more and finally got my answer. And in this article, I am gonna show you how you can do it too. After reading this article, you will be able to turn on your partner’s cell phone camera remotely without them knowing, you will be able to take photos and videos, see those photos and videos remotely, and much more.
So let’s dive straight into it.
- Is There An App That Lets You See Through Other People’s Camera?
- How To Spy On Someone Through Their Phone Camera?
- How To Spy On Someone Through Their Phone Camera For Free?
Is There An App That Lets You See Through Other People’s Camera?
Yes, there are apps that let you see through your kids/boyfriend/girlfriend’s cell phone camera. But the more important question that needs to be answered is: which is the best app to spy on someone’s cell phone camera?
There are apps available that you can use for free and there are apps that require a premium to use too. Needless to say, paid apps offer more functionalities as compared to free apps. But what do paid apps offer that free apps do not offer? Are paid apps worth the money that they charge? There are multiple questions that must be arising in your mind.
So let’s see how you can hack your wife/husband’s cell phone camera through a paid app and a free app one by one. And you will get all the answers that you need.
How To Spy On Someone Through Their Phone Camera?
Let us see through someone’s phone camera through a paid app first.
The paid spy app that I use and love is FlexiSPY. It is so far the best spy app that I have ever used. And let me show you how you can use it too to turn on your kid’s or partner’s cell phone camera remotely without them knowing.
To use it, you first have to install the FlexiSPY app on the target phone, which is very easy to do. It works flawlessly without even needing to root the phone. To install it you will need physical access to the target phone for around 10-15 minutes once. After that, you can turn on the target phone’s camera to take photos and videos whenever you want. And you can see all the photos and videos taken on your FlexiSPY account remotely. It shows you the step-by-step process to install the app on the target phone and you just have to follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you have installed the app successfully, you will have to log in to your FlexiSPY account on a web browser using your PC or phone. After logging in you will be able to see your FlexiSPY dashboard.
To turn on the camera to take photos on your spouse’s cell phone you have to go to the RemCam option, which I guess is a short form for Remote Camera. This option will be available under the Data menu option on the left menu strip. Click on the Data menu option to expand the options available under it. Once it drops down, find the RemCam option and click on it. Now, you will be able to see all the photos that have been taken secretly previously as tiles. If you are using this for the first time then obviously you will not see any photos.
To open the camera on the target phone and click photos instantly, you will have to click on the RemCam button on the upper right side of the window.
Once you click on it a pop-up window will appear that will contain a “Remote Camera Image Capture” button. Click on this button to take the photos instantly.
When you click on this button then the target phone will take two photos, one from the rear camera and one from the front camera. And after clicking the photos, they will be synced to your FlexiSPY account.
Once the photos are synced, you will be able to see them in the RemCam option on the left menu strip. Each image captured is shown as a tile that has a View Photo button at the bottom. You can see the date and time of taking the photo and the actual pic above it. When you hover on a particular image thumbnail then you will get a delete option at the upper left corner and a star option on the upper right corner to mark the image as starred.
If you click on the view photo button then a pop-up will appear that will show you enlarged the actual pic. You can also choose to either see all the images or to see only starred images. To do this you can use the toggle button on the upper left corner of the window.
I used this RemCam feature on my One Plus Nord 2 cell phone that runs on Android 11. And below is my experience of using it:
- It works extremely fast. Once I clicked on the Remote Camera Image Capture button, it immediately captured the pics. As if I was clicking the button on my phone itself.
- The syncing of the pics is lightning fast too. It is nothing like I ever used. It was ale to sync photos within a minute to my FlexiSPY account.
- The photos that I took remotely were not saved on the phone and tried hard to find them on the target phone but I could not find them.
- I did not experience any lag while I was using social media apps like Instagram and Facebook on the target phone and I tried to click the pics meanwhile.
- I noticed some lag while I was texting on the target phone. While I was typing a message and when I clicked on the button to capture images, my keyboard got closed immediately and when I tried to open it again there was some lag.
- Similarly, when I was using the target phone’s camera for shooting video and simultaneously tried to take pictures then the video got stopped immediately. However, FlexiSPY did manage to take photos.
Similarly, if you want to activate the camera of the target phone to record videos then you have to follow the same initial step. Next, instead of going to the RemCam, you have to go to the RemVideo option, which stands for Remote Video if I am not wrong. After clicking the RemVideo option you will see a similar interface that you see in the RemCam option.
But instead of photos, you will be able to see all the remotely recorded videos. There is a Download button on the bottom of every tile, then there is the date and time of recording the video above that, then the total duration of the video is mentioned above that. The Download button does not actually download the video but starts playing it on the same screen.
You can also see all the videos at once or you can see all the starred videos together. You can toggle between the two by using the toggle button present at the upper left corner of the window.
You can delete a particular video by clicking on the delete symbol in the upper left corner of the video tile. If you want to star mark the video then you can use the star symbol on the upper right corner of the video tile.
To record a new video, you have to click on the RemVideo button present in the upper right corner of the window.
Once you click on the RemVideo button a pop-up window will appear. This pop-up window will contain a sliding bar to set the duration of the video. The minimum duration that you can record is of 1 minute and the maximum duration for recording the video is 5 minutes. You can also set the duration between 1 and 5 minutes, like 2,3, or 4 minutes. These durations are fixed and you can not record a video of 1.5,2.5,3.5 minutes, etc. duration.
Once the duration is set, you will have to choose whether you want to record the video from the front camera or from the rear camera. After that, you can click on Start Recording Video Now button to start the video recording.
I used this feature of FlexiSPY on my One Plus Nord 2 which runs on Android 11. Let me share my experience with you.
- It recorded video instantly like it clicked the photos. Its user interface and response are lightning-fast.
- Video syncing to my FlexiSPY account was also fast and it did not take more than 2 minutes to upload videos.
- Like the photos, recorded videos were also not saved on the phone.
- I did not face any lag while normally scrolling through social media apps and phone menus.
- I did face the same issue of the keyboard closing in between as I faced while clicking photos.
- The videos that I was recording through the FlexiSPY app were getting paused when I was starting the video recording on the target phone. For eg., if I am recording a video of 1 minute through the FlexiSPY but started the video recording through the target phone’s camera app at 25 seconds. Then the recorded video through FlexiSPY will get stopped at 25 seconds.
- One thing that I did not like while using the FlexiSPY app is that it does not show you the thumbnail of videos. As a result, when I forgot to star mark a particular video and wanted to see it again then I had to go through all the videos to find that particular video. If it would have shown a thumbnail then it would have been easier to find videos. Because if you have only 5-10 videos then it is not a big task but just imagine if you have hundreds of videos.
So a paid app lets you do all this. And needless to say, this is just a small part of what FlexiSPY can do. It has a host of features that let you spy on the gallery of the target phone. Additionally, you can track someone’s call history and message history, location, app history, web history, and whatnot. I am sure if your boyfriend/girlfriend is cheating on you then you must want to spy on their whole cell phone rather than just spying on their cell phone camera.
How To Spy On Someone Through Their Phone Camera For Free?
I could not find a particular spy app that I can use to spy on someone’s phone camera for free. However, there are some spy camera apps that let you control the camera of someone’s phone remotely. But always remember that “good things come at a cost”. And these free apps are as good as nothing for this particular purpose. Because whenever you will try to record a video or take a picture using the free apps then the target phone user will notice it easily. These apps open the phone’s camera as soon as you press the record button, unlike a premium spy app like FlexiSPY.
Also, they can be easily spottable as they do not hide on the target phone as paid spy apps do. And needless to say, these apps’ functionality is very limited and you will only be able to record videos and take photos that too with a 99% risk of getting caught.
Can You Spy On Someone Through Their Phone Camera?
Yes, you can spy on someone through their cell phone camera.
How Can I Spy Mobile Camera?
You can spy on your kids/partner’s mobile camera through a spy like FlexiSPY.
How Easy Is It To Hack Someone’s Cell Phone Camera?
It is very easy to hack someone’s cell phone camera. All you have to do is install a spy app like FlexiSPY on the target phone and you are good to go.
Can Someone Record You Through Your Phone’s Camera?
Yes, anyone can record you through your phone’s camera by installing a spy app on your phone.